The much awaited day for the pupils of Karungu finally came. To most of the pupils, this was not just a day like any other day but a special day for them as a dream had finally come to be true. The generous hands of the good people of America appeared to them and solved one their biggest problem. This was the day that the pupils turned up to witness the reception of books that had been donated to them by Sabre Foundation through CRS Kenya and Mercy Orphans Support Program.
This year’s celebration brought the children together and provided a platform to deliberate on issues
affecting the African child, under the theme: Promoting Child Participation
The Day also draws attention to the lives of African children today.
To promote child participation in all issues that affect their lives.
- Increased resource allocations to bodies dealing with children at all levels, from social ministries to local communities.
- Fight against corruption.
- Trained and sensitized personnel working with children.
- Proficient justice systems set up to protect children from any violation of their fundamental rights.
- Improved child participation in all cadres of life.