Ordinary Mixed Day Public School
10 permanent classrooms
- 9 TSC teachers
- 1 PTA teacher
- 2 ECD teachers
GUNGA PRIMARY SCHOOL ENROLMENT
SUPPORT AREAS BY ST. CAMILLUS DALA KIYE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH WE WORLD ONLUS
- Provision of desks
- Renovation of classrooms
- Provision of ECD school levies
- Provision of school uniforms to OVCs and T-shirts for the staff members
- Provision of capacity building and life skills education to Teachers, BOM and pupils
- Securing birth certificates to OVCs and mosquito nets
- Supported the caregivers by empowering them socio-economically
- Support academic programmes of the school through Institutional material and playing kits for co-curricular
- Provision of health care to the OVCs
The major project that was undertaken by St. Camillus and We World was the renovation of classrooms and Administration block.
This helped a great deal in giving the school a facelift.
The renovation was completed in the month of April 2014 at a cost of Ksh. 2,720,685.
Initially, the walls, floors and doors of the classrooms were in a very bad shape. The renovation work involved floor and wall plastering, roof repair (administration block), installation of steel doors and windows and wall painting. A total of 10 classrooms and 1 administration block were renovated.