The school was established in 1987 sponsored by catholic, church.
In 2005, the school got sponsorship from MANOS UNIDAS of Spain in collaboration with St. Camillus Mission Hospital and was officially opened by Fr. Emilio Balliana on 9th February 2007.
The sponsorship managed to put up eight classrooms and administration block. This led to improved academic performance and even enrolment at the school.
The current enrolment stand, at 280 in primary and 130 in ECD section totaling to 410 pupils.
The school has a total of 8 TSC teachers and 1 PTA teachers in primary and 4 ECD teachers.
The infrastructure is fairly accommodative.
We have 8 permanent classrooms for standard 1 – 8 and 3 permanent ECD classrooms.
St. Camillus Dala Kiye in collaboration with We World has done a lot to the school under the following areas:
- Medical support to OVC
- Provision of hand washing points
- Improved health and nutrition education
- HIV and AIDS education
- Construction of ECD block of two classrooms
- Supported the school with 100 school learners desk
- Supported the school with assorted revision text books and games item
- Supported the ECD unit with learning materials
- Supported one teacher in ECD to undergo Montessori method of training
- Paid levies to OVC enrolled in ECD
The school community has always come up to appreciate the work done by We World and St. Camillus Dala Kiye.
So far, a gate has been put in place with the support of the community to enhance security.
Progress in school
The construction of ECD block has made improvement in enrolment, retention and transition.
The ECD enrolment has grown from 80 in 2015 to 130 in 2017. Initially the children were put together in one classroom.
There is improvement in hygiene.
The learners have made hand washing a habit because of the hand washing points erected in the school.
The ECD block was completed in March 2017 at a cost of Ksh. 2,648,451