The theme of this year’s celebration was, “Planning and Budgeting for the Well Being of the
Child: A Collective Responsibility”. The theme called on all people of this country to collectively
plan and budget for the welfare of the child as a priority.
The objective was to provide a platform for all people in Migori and Nyatike districts to reflect on
how far we have come in achieving children’s rights.
- Forum provided in which child participation is promoted and enhanced.
- Strengthened capacity of community leaders and members in advocating for children’s rights.
- Greater access to basic needs for all children.
- Improved working relationship between partners working with and for children in Nyatike and Migori districts.
- Greater awareness of the importance of celebrating the Day of the African Child.