The second HIV/AIDS Diocesan meeting was organized by the Diocese of Homa-bay under the Most. Rev Bishop Philip Anyolo in collaboration with St. Camillus Karungu under their Administrator, Fr.Emilio Balliana. This was a follow-up of the first meeting that took place in May 2005.
The theme of the meeting was, “What is our Church doing to fight HIV/AIDS and its effects?” Statistics from different parts of the Diocese suggests very high prevalence rates of HIV/AIDS. The main objective of the meeting was to present the projects and activities implemented and geared towards fighting and containing HIV/AIDS in the diocese. The meeting would also involve sharing the achievements and challenges that have been experienced in the fight against HIV/AIDS in our diocese.
Aims & Objectives of the meeting:
- To discuss the HIV/AIDS situation in the Diocese
- To present the Projects already implemented in the Diocese to combat HIV/AIDS
- Discuss on the HAPPEN Diocesan Project
- Discuss on how to improve and strengthen the already existing projects
- To present other intervention measures to uplift the living standards of the people
- To create new project proposals for implementation
- Charter a way forward for the HIV/AIDS fight in the diocese