- To prevent and maintain the physical, mental and social health of a HIV- negative mother and baby by providing health education on prevention of infection, nutrition and personal hygiene
- To ensure a healthy baby (HIV- negative) is born to a HIV –positive mother by providing counseling and testing services, ARVs health education on safe sexual practices, and effective and proper methods of child feeding.
- To promote a stable health status of the HIV- positive mother by giving health education on safe sexual practices, family planning, proper feeding, use of ARVs and positive living with a HIV- positive status.
- History taking.
- Antenatal profile, ie. HB, VDRL, Urinalysis, BP, Weight assessment.
- Physical examination from head to toe.
- Administration of Prophylaxis, Anti-malarial, Laemetemics and Multivitamin tablets.
- Health education on danger signs in pregnancy, delivery and after delivery. Individual birth plan, use of insecticide treated nets, importance of seeking early treatment,
- Referral of complicated cases to a Doctor for review.
- Provision of ARV therapy (Nevirapine tablet) to the mother when labor starts and Nevirapine syrup to the baby after delivery within 72 hours.
- Continuous counseling on safe sexual practices, prevention of STI infection, exclusive breastfeeding, alternative feedings, balanced diet etc.
- Ongoing training of staff working in the project.
This project has 3 nurses-midwives and 1 auxiliary. Information material is used for users and operators. A HIV rapid test kit is used. For the information is used: a television with video houses and a overhead projector.
- PMTCT_PROGRAMME OVERVIEW
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2006
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2007
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2008
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2009
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2010
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2011
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2012
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2013
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2014
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2015
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2016
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2017
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2018
- PMTCT ANNUAL REPORT 2019