If you are a voluntary, a doctor, a nurse, … and wish to have an experience with us you please contact Father Emilio directly
- P. Emilio Mobile: +254-733-819 103
- E-mail: email@example.com
THE CURRICULUM VITAE AND A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THEMSELVES IS REQUIRED FOR THOSE WHO ARE AT THEIR FIRST EXPERIENCE
For the volunteers
- It’s obligatory to pay 50$ or o 40€ for visa, which you can pay on arrival at airport in Kenya.
- Currency: Euro, any Kenyan Bank can change Euro into Kenya shillings. US Dollar, to exchange or use US dollars, be informed that the Kenyan Banks DO NOT accept dollars printed before the YEAR 2000.
- When you are waiting for your luggage on arrival in Nairobi, we advice you to change 100-150 € for your shopping ( there are 2 counters in the arrival zone of the airport). In Karungu we have a bank so it is possible to withdraw money using your credit card.
- If you come with your cell phone you can use it or use a local mobile phone for calling (instead of roaming that is expensive). In Karungu, we have a Wifi connection so you will be able to use your computer.
- It’s explicit to follow the dates of arrival and departure as of the program
- A small contribution for general living cost is requested to the volunteer, 25 € per day is the minimum contribution (For those who sleep in the seminary in Nairobi is requested to provide the same amount).
- Specify if you are coming with your partner (we have one double bed)
- If possible, are useful clothes for children of Dala Kiye (from 4 to 15 years).
- It is appreciated if you bring cold cuts (salami, hams, etc.)
- At Karungu, we have a video library. Contributions are welcome.
- Have a photocopy of your medical degree
- We advise you to bring with you the dust coat and the theatre shoes which if possible can be left for the hospital.
- Besides, there are useful analgesic drugs, antifungal oral drugs and disposable gloves, which you can bring. Here you can find a complete list of drugs and material which are useful and very difficult to find locally (IN ITALIAN).
- To avoid confusion in the organization of your experience we give some useful information either for you or for us. Generally we need the presence of ANAESTHETIST, INTERNIST, CARDIOLOGIST, OPHTHALMOLOGIST, DENTIST, RADIOLOGIST, GYNAECOLOGIST, & SURGEON. (The Surgeon has to be able to do gynecological surgery like the: cesarean section, Hysterectomy and extra uterine pregnancy.) Besides, whoever is able to use Ultrasound Machine is welcome.
- We remind you that most of our patients are HIV positive. The doctors have to know the risks on their job.
TRANSPORT FROM NAIROBI TO KARUNGU AND VICE VERSA
Since the travel situation has improved between Nairobi to Karungu and vice versa, we take this opportunity to update you on the options that you can use to travel. There has been introduced a flight from Nairobi – WILSON AIRPORT to HOMABAY and vice versa which is a reliable airline. We therefore will no longer send our driver to Nairobi to pick up visitors.
- We advise our volunteers once in Nairobi to take a 50-minute flight to Homabay, once landed in homabay there will be a driver waiting for them.
- Homabay is only 60 km from Karungu, so it is easier and cheaper to pick up visitors.
- As for the departure from Karungu, it is advisable to book the return ticket for your country according to the schedules below.
- The cost of the flight depends on the time of booking, on average it amounts to about 80 euros (8000 KSH) each way.
- For luggage 15/20 Kg are allowed.
For transport of 20 Kg. extra the company can ask 10 euro or 1000 KSH. if you prove that you are coming to our mission.
- Upon arrival in Nairobi, for transport to the seminar of Camillians, there is the possibility to use a taxi belonging to a company of our trust that will pick you up at the airport at a cost of 20 Euro (Kes 2.000) to be paid in local currency, while the room at the seminar will be available for a figure of 25 euros or Kes 2500.
- Please pay attention to the fact that
- in Nairobi flights to Homabay arrive and depart from WILSON AIRPORT
- from Homabay depart and arrive at KABUNDE, landing strip.
The scheduled flights are as follows:
|NAIROBI TO HOMABAY||HOMABAY TO NAIROBI|
|NAIROBI TO HOMABAY||HOMABAY TO NAIROBI|
For further information, please consult the following web site http://www.bluskyaviation.co.ke
TRANSLINE BUS LINES
- If you think that the flight is too expensive, there is the possibility to use the bus that connects Nairobi and Karungu (Sori city) every morning and evening.
- The bus ticket is 8 euros (Kes. 800) in low season and 12 euros (Kes. 1,200) in high season.
N.B. Prices may vary without notice
- the bus takes about 8 hours to reach Karungu, located next to the hospital.
- The cost of a taxi from the airport to the bus station in Nairobi is 15 Euro (Kes 1,500), to be paid in local currency.
- Nairobi Bus Station is located at Kobili Petrol Station, behind Afya Centre, Tom Mboya Street
- Karungu station (Sori town) is located outside the Jim Smile Hotel
The scheduled rides are as follows. Approximate time.
|NAIROBI TO SORI||SORI TO NAIROBI|