This year’s celebration brought the children together and provided a platform to deliberate on issues
affecting the African child, under the theme: Promoting Child Participation
The Day also draws attention to the lives of African children today.
To promote child participation in all issues that affect their lives.
- Increased resource allocations to bodies dealing with children at all levels, from social ministries to local communities.
- Fight against corruption.
- Trained and sensitized personnel working with children.
- Proficient justice systems set up to protect children from any violation of their fundamental rights.
- Improved child participation in all cadres of life.