This year’s theme was, “Africa fit for children: Call for accelerated action towards their survival”. Child survival, protection and development are not only universal aspirations enshrined in the MDGs but are also human rights issues ratified in the international Convention on the Rights of Children and African Charter on the rights and welfare of the child.
To enhance child survival.
- Trained and sensitized personnel working with children.
- Improved school enrolment and retention for all children of school going age.
- Proper education given to the children.
- Increased child involvement.
- Instituted legislations to safeguard the welfare of children.
- Increased networking for all the stakeholders working with the children in Migori district